|Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2|
|Steam: September 13, 2017|
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! (CSD2) is the sequel of the very successful and highly intense restaurant simulation Cook, Serve, Delicious! by Vertigo Gaming. The sequel comes with new food preparation mechanics, new recipes, and restaurant customization. It was followed by Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! in 2020.
Gameplay changes from CSD
- Holding Stations have been added to the game. Some foods require or can be prepared in a HS to cook multiple servings of it.
- Side Dishes and Drinks have been added to the game. Side Dishes are prepared in a HS and add additional patience for orders. Drinks add additional income to orders and need to be refilled occasionally (via chore-like prompts).
- Completing a Perfect order with a Side Dish and a Drink turns it into a Delicious order, which adds tips and extra YUM points.
- Restaurant Stars are no longer acquired by completing a certain set of tasks. Stars are now tied to your YUM level, which is accumulated as you serve orders similar to experience.
- Chef for Hire is a new game mode. The player is given a set menu and Buzz rating. Medals are given based on your performance for each day. Collecting Medals unlocks new decor and foods.
- Some foods are unlocked by either acquiring Gold medals in Chef for Hire or completing Milestones in CSD mode. The unlocked food is random.
- Foods are no longer upgradable.
- Two new chores have been added: bug spray and roach traps. Some chore mini-games have been altered.
- Additional game modes are now available to customize the gameplay:
- Classic: Same as the original.
- Standard: Boosters and Detractors are disabled. Buzz rating can also be adjusted.
- Stress: Buzz rating is set to 150% and the number of Prep and Holding Stations are maxed. Changes to Buzz rating do not carry over to the next day.
- Zen: There is no Rush Hour and you can toggle infinite patience. Chef for Hire can also be played in Zen Mode, but medals are locked at Bronze.
Food served in CSD2
Jonathan Geer created again the soundtrack for Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
OS: Windows 7/8/10
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GPU with at least 256MB of VRAM
Mac OS X
OS: Mac OS X 10.8 and above
OS: Ubuntu 12.04 and above
Graphics: OpenGL-capable graphics card with valid driver
Ubuntu is the only Linux platform that is officially supported by this engine.
Updates and DLC
The Barista Update was a free update released on June 19, 2018. It introduced new foods, new restaurants, and a new game mode (Zen Shifts).